Tech Support Guy banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone, I don't know why this problem started as my emails have been fine before. Now I keep getting an error message everytime I try to receive emails, I can send. I was told it had something to do with my firewall etc, so I fixed that and turned off my virus scanners too and tried but no luck. The error message I keep getting is...Unknown error has occurred. Protocol:pOP3, Port: 110, Secure(SSL): No, error number:0x800C0133. I hope someone can help me please. I am not that technical either, so if anyone can help me please keep it simple. Thanks heaps. Shar:rolleyes:

·
Retired Moderator
14,171 Posts
Hi shyling

Welcome to Tech Support Guy Forums!

Can you login to the mail server?
There may be a message on the mail server that is unable to download.

You should be able to create a new folder on the mail server and move all the messages in the Inbox folder into the new folder. Then send a message addressed to yourself from Outlook Express to see if the receiving will work.

If receiving starts to work in Outlook Express, move a dozen messages, on the mail server, from the new folder into the Inbox, on the mail server, to see if those messages will download into Outlook Express.

Let us know if that works for you or not.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hiya, Thank you for all your help. In the end I ended up just compacting all the files and it worked. Think I need to find the old emails and delete them..lol

Great site :up:

Thanks heaps
Shar ;)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.