Tech Support Guy banner
  • Please post in our Community Feedback thread for help with the new forum software! If you are having trouble logging in, please Contact Us for assistance.
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We just installed Outlook 2007 a few weeks ago. There are many annoying defaults that are very different from what we are used to.

One such is that when I receive an email with an attachment, sometimes I make changes to the attachment after i open it, sometimes saving it on the hard drive, sometimes not. Then when I close the email, I get a message asking if I want to save changes to the message? Is there any way to change or stop this? We want the original attachment to always remain as it was sent. If we want to save changes, we save the doc into a specified folder.
However, the way this is set up, without realizing it, it is easy to change the attachment and the original is lost.
Is there a way to avoid this?

Thanks for any help or suggestions.

·
Banned
24,388 Posts
If you open an attachment, make changes, and just click Save, it doesn't make changes to the file as attached to the message. It makes changes to a temporary copy which is routinely deleted.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.