Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi

Since yesterday I don't a wireless internet connection on my pc (on my laptop I do have connection).
If I go to Device Manager and click on networkadapters (or something like it), there is a yellow ! at 'Fujitsu Siemens Computers WLAN 802.11b/g D1705/D1706'.

Btw, I'm dutch, so sorry if not all my translations are right :)

·
Deceased Moderator Gone but never forgotten
82,272 Posts
Is there any warning/error message along with the yellow? At a minimum you need to install or re-install the correct wireless driver.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
First: thanks for your quick reply :)

Second: if I right click on it and choose properties, it says the following: "Windows cannot load the device driver into the memory. It's possible that the device driver is missing or is damaged."

Third: I have a Fujitsu Siemens computer, and I found a CD 'Drivers and Utilities', is it with this disc I have to re-instal the driver?

·
82,272 Posts
Yes, you can try to install the driver on the CD or get the latest version from the web.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
So, there was a map 'wireless' on the CD, and I thought it was for wireless internet, but it seems to be for a wireless remote control --'
I also searched on the internet for an update for the driver, but I didn't find anything yet.
This is the driver: WLAN 802.11b/g D1705/D1706 5.1.1.1039.1040 (at least I think this is the driver)

What to do now? :s

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Scaleo T A64XP35 0 1GB

I entered the id number and stuff, and there are a few updates available, from which WLAN D1705 A looks like the one, so I downloaded it and put it onto my other pc and extracted it there, but there is no setup or something like it...
Going to place a printscreen in a few minutes

·
Super Moderator
65,965 Posts
show extensions - looking for .inf file

right click on the device with a yellow!
Properties
Click on the Details Tab
Under Property - drop down
Select hardware ids
Right click and select all.
Then right click again and select copy.
Copy and paste that here.

The Hardware ID's. VEN & DEV. Look them up here.
http://www.pcidatabase.com/

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
1) how to show extensions? :$

2) (I think this is what you mean)

USB\Vid_0bf8&Pid_100f&Rev_0300
USB\Vid_0bf8&Pid_100f

3)What's that? xD

4) Thanks for your help already :)

·
82,272 Posts
To show extensions: Control Panel - Folder Options - View tab - unselect "Hide extensions ...."

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Hi
I've managed to solve the problem :D
I got the driver from the fujitsu site (thanks to etaf :p), and I had to re-install the driver (device manager->wlan thing->properties-> re-install driver-> choose the SiS163u.sys file)

Everybody thanks for the help :D

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.