Tech Support Guy banner
  • Please post in our Community Feedback thread for help with the new forum software! If you are having trouble logging in, please Contact Us for assistance.
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
PC was working fine until power when out. Now when I turn PC power on it just beeps at me and I get a "NO SIGNAL" msg on the screen. I changed the video card to another slot but it's still doing the same thing. I checked all the cable and connected another montior to make sure but it gave me the same problems. Can anyone help??? Do I need a new video card??? :confused:

·
Registered
389 Posts
A power surge can take out lots of things, even the whole motherboard and all the cards and drives. What is the sequence of the beeps you get, the sequence can tell you what component is failing. I would agree with Mathias that ram is a likely cause, also try another power supply if you have one. All you can do is minimize the devices in the computer and try to find what is not working. If you get down to mobo, mem, or vid card, you will have to replace them to find out which is bad

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
OK - I listened to the beep pattern, double beep followed by 8 short beeps, then 2 short, then 1 short beep.

When I removed the RAM, the beeping stopped but it still won't boot and still get no signal on video.

I removed the LPT and mouse from mobo to see if that might help but nothing.

I removed the network card but still nothing.

I can't try another power supply...don't have one. The CDROM is getting power, the fan, etc. All the right lights flicker.

What do the beeps mean?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks guys for all the help. After all the truobleshooting and learning what beeps mean - it was as simple as buying a new video card. PC runs like new! THANKS SO MUCH!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.