Tech Support Guy banner
  • Please post in our Community Feedback thread for help with the new forum software! If you are having trouble logging in, please Contact Us for assistance.
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
803 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi -

MS Outlook 2007

I am having trouble with my MS Outlook .pst file. (stuff getting stuck in the the outbox). I tried the inbox repair tool, as well as some other things, but have decided to finally just start a new .pst file. (which is what Microsoft suggests).

However, I can't seem to get some of the old info to the new file. I started a new file, and successfully moved all of the e-mail over to it, as well as the contacts.

I can't seem to figure out how to move the calendar and the task list over to the new file.

Also, i can't close the old .pst file - it is greyed out. I don't know how to open the new .pst file (cleverly named "new personal folders"), without the original .pst file opening up as the primary file.

My e-mail is being delivered to the new inbox, but when i create a new e-mail it goes to the old outbox.

Any suggestions? Thanks in advance.

Tom

·
Registered
803 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Follow-up

I figured out how to make the "New" .pst file the default (control panel, mail icon), which fixed the outbox. Then i got the calendar stuff carried over - I think. There are now 3 calandars on my screen. ARRRGGGGHHHH!!!!!!!

TL

·
Registered
803 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
All Right - i think i got it. Most of the problems were centered around setting the default outlook file from the control panel. I did have trouble moving my notes over to the new file (i accidentally deleted them all), but thankfully i had backed up the old pst file, so i could retrieve them.

My calendar isn't quite right (it is as if it is in a sub folder of the calendar folder). Oh well, it works.

Tom

·
Registered
3,477 Posts
You should have just copied the old file over to a new location (I'm thinking moveing machines) but if on the same machine, just point the account to the old file, make it the default, and then dlete the one Outlook wants to use.

·
Registered
803 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Bob Cerelli said:
Wasn't the problem that the original file was corrupt?

As far as getting the Calendar and Tasks, try importing those.
Yup - old file was corrupt.

I got the Calendar and Tasks moved over after I set the new file as the default.

So far everything seems to be working - i should probably mark this thread as solved.

Thanks.

Tom

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.