Tech Support Guy banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
469 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, I am trying to make a log on script that looks to see what the username is that is loging on. and then takes that and maps their documents. for example. I log on with the user name tlufkin. Their documents would be located on my server at \\server\tlufkin. How can i get the script to do this. but change the location depending on who is logging on. A working example would be great. Thanks in advance for any help.

·
Registered
21,334 Posts
Folder redirection via Group Policy. It will redirect their My Documents folder to a location you choose on the server, it is a one time thing and will always be on the server. No scripting neccesary if you have Active Directory set up correctly.

·
Registered
21,334 Posts
This is basic network admin stuff. Look up folder redirection on Google because there is a lot more to it than simple instructions. You can also mess things up royally if you do not know what you are doing. Create a test user and a test OU in AD to start with and test out your redirection results.

You will also need to creat a share on your server for the redirection to go to. I generally create a share called redirection and give only authenticated users full access and let AD take care of the security for the new user folders created in that share.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.