Tech Support Guy banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i recently upgraded to win2000 from 98. when i try to reduce the display settings to make everything fit on the screen the screen becomes garbled. can somebody help me resolve this.
my monitor is 15inch, 192mg ram, stealth 3d 2000 card [dont know if it is working], not sure about processor.

·
Registered
11,849 Posts
First thing I would do is update the video display driver and reset the screen resolution.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
if you are talking about the drivers for the stealth 3d 2000, i have tried every way i can think of to do that. i have down loaded what i believe are the correct drivers from three different sites. i when itry to install them i am always told the correct drivers can not be found. the last set of drivers i tried were from here http://www.driverscollection.com/?file_id=13540. i have also ensured the card is properly fitted.

·
Super Moderator
79,318 Posts
start > run > sysdm.cpl > hardware tab > device manager, are there any yellow or red marks indicating that an element is not functioning? That will tell you if the device is functioning correctly and/or if the drivers are correctly installed.

You may also want to check to make sure that you have all the updated motherboard drivers as those are usually blown out after a new install, as well as all the sound drivers, ethernet, etc.

v

·
Super Moderator
79,318 Posts
what type of card does dxdiag state that you have? start > run > dxdiag > display tab

·
Registered
1,661 Posts

·
Registered
1,661 Posts
Yes sir, any drivers you've installed that didn't work need to be taken out.

·
Registered
1,661 Posts
What does it list for the Display Adapter under Display Properties-Settings-Advanced-Adapter?

·
Super Moderator
79,318 Posts
starting to think your video card may be shot.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I thought about that, but when i uninstalled the drivers earlier the color looked like it was running at 16 colors and when i reinstalled the drivers it was back to true color (24bit).

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
my problem seems to be solved. i decided to see what would happen if i replaced my 15 inch monitor with a 17 inch monitor and everything works fine now. i'm still not 100% sure about my video card so i'll test it on a friends computer.:) :up:

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.