Tech Support Guy banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
601 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am trying to clean a computer that has been infected with 10 Trojan downloader Nex b virus' 1 troj strtpage bp virus and 1 troj femad d virus. when I scanned with housecall it says virus' are uncleanable. I know everything is cleanable if done the right way. it says these virus' are in the C:\_restore\temp folder. I could not find this folder. this is a ME machine. can someone help me with step by step instructions?

·
Registered
46,353 Posts
To clarify what stillearning is telling you, C:\_restore is in the System Restore archives. The only way to clean that is to turn off System Restore to purge all restore points. When you are sure you are clean turn it back on.

·
Registered
601 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks Stillearning, However I have already disabled system restore I just need to find out where the Restore\temp file is so I can get rid of the trojans and what other files I need to find and delete

Oops sorry flrman i was repllying the same time as you I guess. does this mean when I reboot with the system restore off then this will purge the temp files? or do I need to do something else

·
Registered
46,353 Posts
Originally posted by flrman1:
To clarify what stillearning is telling you, C:\_restore is in the System Restore archives. The only way to clean that is to turn off System Restore to purge all restore points. When you are sure you are clean turn it back on.

·
Registered
46,353 Posts
You just turn off System Restore and reboot. That will take care of it.

·
Registered
601 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
ok sorry it took so long to get back but the guy is out of town and I just got back to his computer. this worked and I did a new virus scan and it was clean so this one is solved. however before we close the thread can you tell me how to find system restore in 2000 pro it is not the same for xp. I just ahelped remove a virus from this one and I would like to do the same thing

·
Registered
601 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I guess that explains why I cant find it. :D :D :p

You can mark this one solved now Thanks flrmn1

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.