Tech Support Guy banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi! I'm new to this forum, and English isnt my first language so bear with me. :)

I have just bought a new setup.
EVGA 680i SLi mother board.
XFX 8800GFX.
OCZ DDR2 2048MB Titanium Alpha VX2 Dual Memmory sticks.
Enermax Galaxy 1kw power supply.

And the setup worked wonderfully for one week, before I started to get errors, and bluescreens as the computer freezes at no regular time. It could be while gaming, surfing, watching movies etc etc. The only thing I did different from when the computer worked to now, is that I got a G25 Racing wheel for the holydays. And installed that. Two days later the errors came.

The first one was a *** STOP 0x00000050. error, which was coused by the nvidia Network Access Manager. So I deleted that one from add/remove programs etc.
And it woked for a day until I got a new one at night while downloading some patch things from WoW.
The error was:

*** STOP 0x000000D1
*** NVENETFD.sys
DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL

So.. What can I do?
I will attach some minidump files and a hijackthis file.

Attachments

·
Registered
51 Posts
nvenetfd.sys is NVIDIA Networking Function Driver. Driver of NVIDIA nForce Networking Controller. I would reinstall/update the drivers for your network controller. Let me know if it works.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I have done that, and the complete freeze followed by the blue screen have stopped. But I have experienced a different "freeze" now. Last night I was watching a DVD and suddenly the screen freezes, but the sound goes on. While the "screen" is friezed the keyboard doesn't respond, along with the mouse. I can move the mouse, but the computer doesn't respond to the mouse clicks, trying to click the video player away or doing anything with it really.
Later the screen goes black, just like it would when the screen saver goes on.
Only thing I could do is to use the power button on the tower to restart the computer.

So.. What to do?

Thanks for the respond vdub1.8t. :)

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Ohh, sorry forgot to tell you that I have a Conroe E6600 core 2 duo prosessor.
The rest is on the first post. Or do you want more precise info? If so, can you give me an example? :)
Nothing is overclocked now by the way either.

hmm. After the "freeze" last night I didn't turn the PC on again. I just went to sleep. I will check that (CPU usage) the next time it "freezes".

·
Registered
51 Posts
Oh sorry I just noticed the information in your original post. By the way, your English is just fine =). When you say this is a new setup.. is it a fresh install of Windows, did you build it? Do you notice it freezing just during the playing of a DVD or at other times? What Media player are you using?

·
Retired Trusted Advisor
9,126 Posts
There are a couple of ways to make a bootable memtest CD:

Download http://www.memtest.org/download/1.65/memtest86+-1.65.zip which when unzipped will contain a .BIN boot image. CD burner instructions vary depending on which burner you use, but you want to find the option for make bootable CD. Choose No emulation (not floppy or CD emulation). It should give you an option to make a boot image file or use an existing one. Choose use existing, and point it to the .BIN file you downloaded then burn.

Other option requires you to first make a bootable floppy. In this case you need to download the Memtest .ISO file: http://www.memtest.org/download/1.65/memtest86+-1.65.iso.zip.
If you use this option (by choice or because your CD burner software doesn't support the other), tell your CD burner to make a bootable CD. Choose No emulation (not floppy or CD emulation). It will ask for the location of your .BIN boot image which is the bootable floppy you made above. When it is done processing the .BIN file, you want to add the memtest .ISO file to the project then burn.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
@ vdub1.8t:
Hehe, thanks! :)

The hard drives are old, but when I got the new computer I formated the C: which is a raptor 10 000rpm 74gig or something. And installed a fresh and new Windows XP, with drivers I got with the hardware. Some of them had to be up dated so I did that aswell.

No, I got a friend of mine to build it. As he have done it some more times then I have. I was there watching though ^^.

It can freeze at all times. Playing a game, watching movies, surfing the internet, or just idle. One thing though, I think that every time it freezes it could be downloading something.
Would that be Windows update, virus program (AVG) update, some torrents etc etc. I don't know for sure though. The Media I usually use is VLC player. Don't have anything else that can play a DVD. I could try something else maby?

@Frank4d:
I have used both Microsoft Memory Diagnostic MemTest, and it went threw it 23 times without any flaws. The same with MemTest86, went threw that one aswell alot of times. I had that one running during the night, so it was going over and over for 9 hours. So I think that we can exclude the Memory. ^^ Thanks for the reply though. I should have said that in the first post. Sorry.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
The PC was on before I went to work this morning. Now as I came home the computer was turned off and when I switched it on this warning came in the post:
( place where it find the SATA discs and stuff)

Warning! Now System is in safe mode.
Please reset CPU or Memory Frequency in the CMOS setup.

What does that mean? I haven't clocked the computer or anything. Everything is on stock settings. As they are when the BIOS is newly installed.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
@ Rollin'Rog:

I've already reset the CMOS. Did that when I flashed the bios with the new one at EVGA.com.
This I did before the crashes happened though.

With the EVGA 680i motherboard, you can actually do that (reset CMOS) from Windows, with the help of nTune. And it will be done with the next restart.

·
Registered
45,855 Posts
Well this specific issue is probably better handled in the hardware forum. But did you make any manual changes on the motherboard with regard to bus speeds?

And are you sure you got the right BIOS flash?

What is the default speed of this processor supposed to be and what does it read when you view it with something like Everest? Is it the original processor that came with the mobo?

http://www.majorgeeks.com/download4181.html

The board may be a candidate for an RMA and you should be talking to them about that as well.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Rollin' Rog said:
Well this specific issue is probably better handled in the hardware forum. But did you make any manual changes on the motherboard with regard to bus speeds?
No I only tryed to overclock the CPU when I got it. From 2,4ghz to 2,6ghz which was done easly. Now it is back to normal. Anyway, the E6600 is told to clock easly up to 3.0ghz, so that should not be the problem. Or?
And are you sure you got the right BIOS flash?
I used the flash program that you can download from EVGA.com. And I would then believe that this is the correct program.
What is the default speed of this processor supposed to be and what does it read when you view it with something like Everest? Is it the original processor that came with the mobo?
Original speed is 2,4. And Everest reed it as 2,4 aswell in the post screen at start up.

http://www.majorgeeks.com/download4181.html

The board may be a candidate for an RMA and you should be talking to them about that as well.
Hmm.. What is RMA?

·
Registered
45,855 Posts
RMA stands for Return Merchandise Agreement.

When no fix can be found for a problem -- one must assume some defect in the motherboard itself.

If it is a recent purchase under warranty, contacting the seller to obtain authorization for a return is known as an RMA.

The only other issue I can think of is that the speed of the memory modules is not compatible with the board; if you are still getting blue screens in that particular driver -- I would also reinstall the chipset drivers without the Nvidia firewall.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
First of all I want to thank everyone who "bothered" to read and answer my questions.

I will use this forum the next time I have some more trouble ;) Which wouldn't take that long time I would think.. hehe

I will also recommend this site/forum for the people I know.

Now to the SOLUTION:
I had to re-install all the nVidia drivers and NOT install the SW IDE and the Network Access Manager drivers that comes with the nVidia nForce drivers.. And I've now had a fully functional computer for 2 days.

Thanks again.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.