Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi
I set my max memory under advanced boot options in msconfig.exe and rebooted now my operating system will not start up with options to repair etc. whitch do not work. I have acess to command prompt in the advanced repair options so I wonderd whether I could get rid of setting max memory, whitch is causing my computer to crash on start up. I can reset the machine to factory settings however if I can get away from this, it would be a better option. :D
Thanks
Jacob

·
Registered
9,026 Posts
Welcome to TSG!

In the command Prompt, type bcdedit
Look for the Windows Boot Loader entry that contains an item named truncatememory
Note the identifier for that entry, it may be {default} or {current}, or may be a long GUID like {8eea9b82-d5b1-11de-9d24-80972e3a13c7}
Enter this command:
bcdedit /deletevalue identifier truncatememory
replacing identifier with the correct one you noted for that entry.

The screen shot is when booted to Safe Mode with Command Prompt.
Accessing the Command Prompt by booting to the DVD and choosing Repair your Computer, the identifier for that same entry is shown as {default}

Attachments

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi
Many thanks for this it has saved my computer the only thing I would have to ask now is if I have limited my ram by doing this and if there is any steps I need to take to unlimit it. Anyway big thanks
Jacob

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.