Tech Support Guy banner
  • Please post in our Community Feedback thread for help with the new forum software! If you are having trouble logging in, please Contact Us for assistance.
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
510 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
when I am using MS Money, I get the error message "This operation cannot be performed" when I try to make an entry into the checkbook part. That will come up like 3 times and then the transaction will "post". This happens for any action that I try to make. Then the cursor will flash busy every other second. I also deleted a bill and the line where it was is blank and it didnt go away. The check register didnt collapse in its absence.

See post http://forums.techguy.org/showthread.php?p=2213519

for some history of the problem that might help.

·
Retired Administrator
103,703 Posts
It is usually best to keep things in the same thread so people who have already been helping have an idea of what is going on without toggling back and forth between two threads.

·
Registered
510 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks...I am still having the same problem with MS Money except now the system speaker beeps when the "Operation cannot be performes" message flashes.

·
Registered
510 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
still going on. I think it might be a memory problem. Tonight I was using MS Money and did a couple of transactions with the account register and got the same error messages over and over, the tasks were still completed when I finished hitting "ok". But then after 20 mins or so, CPU usage went to 100% and everything locked up. Task manager as well. HELP!!! I dont want to wipe and reinstall. My weekend will be ruined!!!!

·
Retired Administrator
103,703 Posts
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [QuickTime Task] "C:\Program Files\QuickTime\qttask.exe" -atboottime
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [ctfmon.exe] C:\WINDOWS\system32\ctfmon.exe

Not sure if it'll help or not, but you might try turning those two items off via start, run, msconfig, startup tab.

·
Registered
510 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
So now...things have chill out a bit. There is a little cash flow forcaster window that updates after you type in a transaction. When I do the first transaction the window trys to update, and I get my error message as this cash flow forcasting window is loading. That why it comes up 2 to 4 times. I hit OK on the error message, it loads some more, the error pops up, it loads some more, etc. Its not a memory problem. its in the money program itself I think. I have no other problems on my system with any other programs. Its like the program is having trouble with java or something.

·
Registered
510 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
yeah...Internet Explorer 6...Enabled. But its not connecting to the internet. Its within the program. After the tranaction is entered, the applet trys to update.

Ok I will shut up now and listen. HEHE

I will turn off the pop up blocker and see what happens.

·
Registered
510 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
still doing it. after the error messages end, and the transaction is posted the cursor is busy and then not busy, over and over. but its ok until I try to post a new transaction.

·
Registered
510 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I went to my documents, where my backup for ms money is going and found a file with the extension .lrd . Example : MY MONEY.lrd The web cant find an appropriate program to open it nor does cknow.com have any info as I am directed to go to this site from the open with function.

·
Registered
510 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I fixed it... I needed to archive the account as it had too much "history "to process when I would enter a transaction. Go to File\archive. Its always the easy things huh?

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.