Tech Support Guy banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just recently all my movies started playing only in green and white. and they are doubled with a green bar seperating the two halves. I installed a new monitor driver and new video driver, could either of those be the cause?

·
Registered
2,984 Posts
More info please.... WinXP? What are you using to play your movies? PowerDVD?? Do you have any other problems with Windows in regards to color? Sounds like a settings problem within the player. What video card did you install? What screen resolution are you using? (ex: 800x600)

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
XP it happens. WMP 9 and rm , no other problems matroska and ogm play fine only .avi and other like that, and .rm and stuff. Nvidia tnt 2, 1078 by the thing that goes with it.

·
Registered
2,984 Posts
Make sure you don't have anything magnetic close to your monitor like a paper clip holder or a big speaker. Monitor driver shouldn't be a factor as you should, in XP, just use plug and play. That works without problems. If none of the things I mention here fix you problem, then your monitor is failing. Try another monitor. If your desktop looks OK and everything else is fine, only the movies are green, then it must be a setting in your software and or Media Player.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I have no idea what it could be. I mean like I can play a matroska movie in media player but then I play an .avi and it's green and split in half. My computer is going crazy.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.