Tech Support Guy banner
  • Please post in our Community Feedback thread for help with the new forum software! If you are having trouble logging in, please Contact Us for assistance.
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
For some reason, everytime I plug the cord into my Nvidia GeForce MX 4000 VGA slot, it seems the monitor doesn't detect it 'cause the monitor just stays black. But you can hear sounds, so pretty much no display but everything else. The only working video card on my computer is the one attach to the motherboard and that works fine, so I don't know what the problem is for my GeForce card.

I already follow a troubleshoot instructions but it didn't do anything. If you need more info, I'll supply more. If you can help that will be great but in the meantime, I'm gonna see if I can figure this out and sooner or later I might bring my computer to a tech rep to see if they can spot the problem.

·
Registered
862 Posts
does it work on other monitors?

also, set the BIOS to use the PCI-E as the default video controller. It could be that the BIOS keeps trying to use its built in video card instead of your other one

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.