Tech Support Guy banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
244 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My problem is that after reformatting my drive I cannot get good resolution on either one of my monitors. The drivers seem to be loaded but I can't get anything other than the standard resolution with either monitor. I checked the video card and it looks like it's working but I don't really know. Any ideas??

·
Registered
278 Posts
Hey,zeke

Or have you tryed this

boot to safe-mode and remove all your video/display adaptors and then boot back into normal windows to install your new drivers.

Drivers can be funny at times

Good Luck

·
Registered
2,336 Posts
Have you checked in system properties to see if you have just the one monitor you're supposed to have listed?

MyComputer... right click & go to properties... then device manager... then locate monitor & click the plus.... if you have more than one monitor listed you need to delete them all & reboot... that will give you the monitor back you need............

if there is only one...
have you updated the drivers for the monitor?

I know you said you did for the display adapter.

·
Registered
2,336 Posts
well I just repeated what AAPlus said... sorry AA

·
Registered
244 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
AAPlus, Thanks for the help. Your suggestion worked, I guess those drivers sometimes get a little screwed up from time to time. I think going to safe mode helped because I tried uninstalling in regular mode and that way didn't work but safe mode did. thanks again.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.