Tech Support Guy banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 17" Widescreen Sony VAIO laptop w/docking station (VGN-A190; Intel Pentium M 1.70 GHz; 1GB RAM; ATI RADEON 9700 64MB). Its a great computer which I've had for about 3 years. Still runs great! But unfortunately my laptop screen is beginning to die. It will only stay on for a few minutes before the back light turns off and you can't see anything. So instead of buying a new screen ($500), i went and bought an LG Flatron to hook up to my docking station using a DVI-D connection. Sort of a makeshift desktop set-up. I got it all hooked up and boom, got a nice clear picture. Except its got a 1in black border that runs equally around the picture. I tried playing with the resolution but the max i can go to is 1280 x 768. Is the connection from my laptop to the LCD monitor keeping my new monitor from capturing all the resolutions that the Laptop normally has by itself? How can i get the picture on my LCD to fill the screen? When i hook the monitor up to the docking station i only get three resolution choices: 800 x 600, 1024 x 768, and 1280 x 768. Appreciate any help!

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.