Tech Support Guy banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
520 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is a terrific site. I am learning a lot but still now enought to solve this problem. When I run Norton Systsem Works on my laptop, DELL Latitude, running on Windows 98SE, I get a problem that System Works cannot fix. It says: C:WINDOWS\Microsoft.NET\Framework\V1.1.4322\csc.exe cannot access the necessary "mscoree.dll" file. It suggests that I might need to reinstall it. I don't know where to get that file to reinstall. I would be very thankful if someone out there knows its.

·
Registered
1,458 Posts
Hi I take it you recive this error when you run win doctor or one button check, I think you will find it's because you do not have ms net framework installed, I am pretty sure, not 100%, as I had same problem, check to see if you have net framework installed.

·
Registered
520 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yes, I get this message when I use the Norton System Works one button check. I had the program installed once and uninstalled it. The next time when I tried to install it, it did not install. I tried it several times and each time the installation was unsuccessful.

·
Registered
1,458 Posts
If you have uninstalled system works to get it to reinstall you will have to clean out your temp files, go run %temp% and delete temp files (norton ones),make sure that system works folder is also deleted from your program folder, restart and try again.

·
Registered
520 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks DFW. When I went back to 'install/uninstall' at the Control Panel, I realised that ms net framework was still showing there, although it was not properly installed. So, I uninstalled it one more time and that solved the problem, at least for now.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.