Tech Support Guy banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,068 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Using Acrobat 5, I'm trying to merge four PDF files into one. The first two merge fine. When I try to merge the third with them, I get an error message: "These documents contain subset fonts that have the same name and cannot be merged." What does this mean and how can I fix it? I have the Word files from which the PDFs were made.

Interestingly, I can merge the fourth file into the third. But I can't then merge them into the first two.

·
Registered
146 Posts
md2lgyk said:
Using Acrobat 5, I'm trying to merge four PDF files into one. The first two merge fine. When I try to merge the third with them, I get an error message: "These documents contain subset fonts that have the same name and cannot be merged." What does this mean and how can I fix it? I have the Word files from which the PDFs were made.

Interestingly, I can merge the fourth file into the third. But I can't then merge them into the first two.
checkout document 327594.html at support/techdocs of adobe website

·
Registered
1,068 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I solved the problem by merging the two Word files and creating a new PDF from them. I was then able to merge the others as well.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.