Tech Support Guy banner
  • Please post in our Community Feedback thread for help with the new forum software! If you are having trouble logging in, please Contact Us for assistance.
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
7,695 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Having trouble reading the text for messages I have received. I know I don't have the best eyesight ever, but the font is like size 4 or something, and I need to know how to make it bigger without altering everything. by this I mean that I've zoomed in on it before, but it zoomed everything...my desktop was moved around and enlarged, and so were all the open windows. I had to shut my computer down to get that to fix itself. I just want to fix the size of the text on the messages other people send me. Thanks in advance!!!

·
Registered
6,052 Posts
Not if the sender used HTML for message composition. When you format email with HTML, the sender controls the formatting. With such a message open, you can add the Bigger/Smaller buttons to the message toolbar and select Bigger or at the menu bar, go to View > Message and select Plain Text Alternative

·
Registered
7,695 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
THANK YOU!! Finally I can read my email without sticking my face to the screen!!:cool: :D :) :p :up:

·
Registered
7,695 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Hey also discovered something new in case someone else can use it later. You can make the font size/font of EVERY message the same by doing these steps:

1. Open the MAIL drop down menu and choose "preferences"
2. Under "Fonts and Colors" change the MESSAGE FONT by opening the drop down menus. Change it to a font of your choice (mine is set to Verdana, size 18) and then change the font size by using the font size drop down menu.
3. Close the dialog box.

From this same box, you can change the font/size of the headings along the side (Inbox, Drafts, Junk, etc.) as well as the font/size of the list of messages where you choose what messages you read, located across the top.

I hope that after posting this, no one else will have to strain their eyes to read a message ever again!! Good luck!:D :up:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.