Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello
When I open a page from my desktop by clicking a short cut a dialogue box opens whit a red X in it and it says "Windows cannot find ....................try again" but then the window I wanted opens up anyway and it works well after that opening new tabs with no problem.
I just want to stop the box from opening every time I open the first page.
thanks
Rob

·
Registered
30 Posts
Something program you uninstall not complete? You remove by self and might the start-up registry still there. Go to msconfig and unclick some unwanted program. That my answer. See how the Expert says...

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Well I was able to take out a few start up programs but most of them I din't know what they were. As far as the services list goes I don't know what to look for. Any tips on that?
thanks
Rob

·
Registered
382 Posts
the ONLY thing that should be in your msconfig startup list is your antivirus anti spyware etc. untick EVERYTHING else and reboot. however if there is some program that stops working (i doubt it , has never happened to me) just simply re- tick it. having many programs start up every time you start up is a waste of time and system resources.

·
Registered
382 Posts
i dont know if this would work, but try deleting a shortcut and creating a new one from the programs list

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.