Tech Support Guy banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
694 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone. Downloaded a holiday wallpaper theme today using winzip. Decided I did not like it so found the file using start,find. I went to where it said it was under my computer but could not find it. I would like to delete everything it downloaded but I do not know where it is. Any ideas?

Thanks

Danboy

·
Registered
6,832 Posts
You can delete it directly from the find. You don’t have to track it down to delete it.

·
Registered
694 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi Slipe,

Thanks for getting back with me. Deleted them from the file box I was telling you about but the wallpaper and everything else is still here. I have windows 98SE and under the wallpaperI had the Plus on its the room in the mansion one. Now when I go to the control panel under Plus it shows the christmas wallpaper. I know it is this computer somewhere. Let me know if I have'nt made myself clear with what I have told you.

Danboy

·
Registered
694 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hi DoyceJ,

Typed in what you told me. Found 270 files, checked them all and each one came back with All Programs Not Found Windows Cannot Find Picture Viewer.exe I have deleted everything I have found saying Christmas Theme but the wallpaper and everything else will not go away. Could there be a hidden file somewhere? Also what if I remove Winzip and reinstall it? I don't know....

Thanks Danboy

·
Registered
694 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Hi everyone,

Since my last post I have went back to Find-files or folders and deleted anything that had the word Christmas in it, screensavers and all. The Christmas Theme wallpaper and icons are still on the computer.
Thought this info might be useful...........

Thanks Danboy

·
Registered
694 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Hi AcaCandy,

I hit the start button, went up to find, hit files and folders and typed in #.scr and hit find now.

Thanks Danboy

Let me guess............Not the right place ha ha

·
Registered
694 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
O.K. I have msn as my homepage. Typed in ZD Net downloads then hit go. When that came up typed in Christmas wallpaper in the search box, again hitting go. The one I am talking about is the 6th one down, Christmas Theme 1.7

Thanks Danboy

·
Registered
3,208 Posts
Ahh..Shareware and screensaver. Be sure you correct you search like Acacandy said. Also, go to start>settings>control panel>add>remove programs>look and see if it is listed.

·
Registered
694 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Thanks for your reply DoyceJ,

I tried what you said and turned up nothing. It is not listed in there. I have looked everywhere and it is not listed. You sound like there is something I need to know about screensavers and shareware. My ears are always open, that is the way you learn...........

Thanks Danboy

·
Registered
3,208 Posts
Sorry, didnt mean to sound cryptic. I was looking for wallpaper not a screensaver. I am waiting for Acacandy's response before I download it and check it out.

·
Retired Administrator
103,703 Posts
Alright, now I've got x-mas wallpaper I can't get rid of :D

No, just kidding, go to control panel, themes, find the christmas theme, select it and delete.

Also, look at C:\windows\temp as that is the default folder for winzip...unless you made it something else....in which case, find another zip file, double click on it, and see where winzip wants to put it.....then go there and track everything down.

·
Registered
694 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Hi AcaCandy,

Thanks for getting back with me.I went into my Control panel but I did not see Themes. I looked in c:\windows\temp but nothing in there with Themes in it. So are you saying to download it again and see where it goes? If that is right let me know and I will try it.........

Thanks Danboy

·
Retired Administrator
103,703 Posts
In the start, settings, control panel, there's no icon for desktop themes? Are you sure?

Actually what I meant was to look on your computer for another .zip file and double click on it and see where winzip wants to default install it.......

·
Registered
694 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Hi AcaCandy,

There is no Theme icon in my control panel. As for the next thing you wanted me to do, I am totally confused. I typed .zip file after going start,find files or folders. Looked in my computer and boxes come up wanting to know what i want to use to open something. Also there are files that have letters and numbers . In other words, I don't know what I am doing.........lol........ thanks for your patience.

Thanks Danboy

·
Retired Administrator
103,703 Posts
Let's try this, make a new file folder on your desktop, call it x-mas.....go ahead and download the silly thing again (it's not gonna hurt since you can't get rid of it anyways) --- When asked where you want to download it to, choose the x-mas file folder....once it's downloaded, double click on it (inside the x-mas file folder) and winzip will pop up.....choose to extract it to the x-mas file folder (and take a look at where winzip 'wanted' to put it) --- now that you've got it in a separate file folder, you can see all the different files that you'll need to look for in the last place where you downloaded it.....there are some .jpg entries as well an .ico and .bmp files.......

You said you did a search for christmas, but have you tried to do a search for

*.theme

and see what comes up?

1 - 20 of 27 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.