Tech Support Guy banner
  • Please post in our Community Feedback thread for help with the new forum software! If you are having trouble logging in, please Contact Us for assistance.
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
524 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi. I tried to uninstall "google earth" and got a window telling me that I have to log on as an administrator in order to uninstall it. I have never done this before and am wondering if someone can tell me how to go about doing it. I have a laptop w/win. Vista. I R. clicked the google icon and saw "run as administrator" and when I clicked it Google Earth opened and used all of my desktop. No way to minimize it to get to my start button! The only way to get out is to close it. Is there a way to log onto the computer as an administrator and uninstall this Jona?

Barb

·
Retired Trusted Advisor
5,465 Posts
How did you try to uninstall it? You were correct in your method of running as an administrator by right clicking the icon in question. However you clearly don't uninstall a program by running the program as an administrator, you uninstall by running the uninstaller as an administrator.

·
Registered
524 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I 1st went into "add remove programs" and started the uninstall. About 1/2 way through I got the message that I have to be an administrator. I'm now trying it with "google uninstall" and see what happens. It is uninstalled. Thankyou very much!! It was just that I had a brain cramp when I was told to log on as an administrator. LOL

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.