Tech Support Guy banner
  • Please post in our Community Feedback thread for help with the new forum software! If you are having trouble logging in, please Contact Us for assistance.
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
644 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently purchased a copy of Microsoft 2007 to load onto my daughters net book. Stupidly I did not notice the small matter of a lack of DVD drive on the net book!

If I purchased an external drive could I load it this way?

·
Banned
24,388 Posts
I'm not sure what you purchased. There's no such product "Microsoft 2007". But if it's on a CD, an external drive will certainly work to put the disk in and attempt to install it. As for whether or not it actually will install and work depends on what exactly it is and whether or not the computer meets the system requirements.

·
Registered
644 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It is on a CD.

I have also been told that it is possible to copy files onto a flash drive and load onto the net book that way. Is this true? I have the product key for the CD. Would I need this at any stage during the installation?

Thanks

·
Registered
644 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
According to the disk it is called 'Microsoft Office Enterprise 2007'

It has Word, Excel, PowerPoint Outlook etc, ie the full range of Microsoft applications

·
Trusted Advisor
17,571 Posts
Look on the side of the case that your CD came in and you will see and web site url that you can install from. It will require the key code for that copy.

·
Registered
644 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
It was a 2 disc set that came in CD type sleeves rather than an actual case. Can't seem to find a URL although the 25 character product key is printed on the back.

Is there a way of finding out the site as this would be by far the easiest option.

·
Registered
644 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thanks DoubleHelix for your advice - I do indeed have a flash drive to try. My question was in response to another posting which advised that I could download the software from a particular website if I had the product key (which I do).

I was simply requesting the URL (see thread from DaveA)

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.