Tech Support Guy banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok, so what i have is a Dell Dimensions 8250 PC With a ATI Radeon 128MB DDR 9500/9700 Pro With VGA-S.VIDEO-DVI outputs, i have this Computer connected to a RCA LCDX2620W Tv/Monitor That has VGA-S.Video-DVI Inputs, so my issue with this is that i have it connect via standard Vga cable, and i have to use RGB Mode on the tv to view my computer desktop. so my problem is that it doesnt span the whole screen like it should. its in 4:3 aspect ratio, and i cant get it to go into anyother ratio and was wonder what do do next, so far ive updated my driver, updated the catalyst Control Panel. me and friend a friend of mine thought maybe a possible fix would be to swap out the vga cable and rgb mode and use a dvi cable and try it in dvi mode on the tv. now in the manual it listes a note when connecting a pc to the tv and it qoutes " Your Computer Will Most Likely Output the Singal in a 4:3 aspect ratio. Be Sure to Chage the Monitor Setting For Best Picture Quality" as qoutes that "Zoom Mode Options Vary For DVI and RGB Inputs." ..Zoom mode referencing Aspect Ratio. But no where in the manual does it tell you how to change the Aspect Ratio for the DVI/RGB Inputs, only for TV Mode and i think VID1. so what do you guys think? change the cable or what?...ill post a pic of what im looking at so everyone understands what im saying a little better....

·
Premium Member
52,926 Posts
In the Catalyst Control Panel have you changed the resolution to a Widescreen mode like 1440x900? he TV should list the resolutions it works best with for PC input.

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
rite now i got it at 1360x1024, and when i change resolution it just makes everything smaller and doesnt really do anything to expand the desktop area. RCA finally emailed me back but as usual they didnt tell me anything useful.

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
the only thing that stack of papers tell me is how to change the aspect ratio when im in Tv Mode or what not, it has nothing in it about changing when in RGB nor DVI, as far as the recommend resolution, i think its like 1280x768, but that isnt going to help me any, ive narrowed it down to like the note in the manual says " Note: Your Computer Will Most Likely Output The Singal In A 4:3 Aspect Ratio. Be Sure To Change Your Monitor Settings To Best Picture Quality." it was also nice enough not to include how to do that. but yet they made a note of it. GEEZ, Workin with monkeys man....but yeah narrowed it down to that note, and possibly my Cable Type. but as far as it being software related im leaning towards no, but possibly i missed something. any thing else?

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
ok so after installing the lastest version of
Cataylsts Control Panel and ATI RADEON 9500/9700 PRO DRIVER
it spans the whole screen but the TV doesnt show it,
its still showing in 4:3 Aspect ratio, so i do think now
its either the type of cable im using or theres settings in
the menu im not seeing.

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
After messing round with the remote i found that i could
change the aspect ratio with the arrows on the remote. thanks
anyways tho lol..how much does that suck after messing with it for 3 almost 4 days its a simple button, and it was in the manual lol i missed it somehow skimming over things lol

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.