Tech Support Guy banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a NEC Versa M540 laptop. It appears to be stuck in hibernation. When this happened on a previous occassion holding down the power button solved the problem......this time there is no response. Fans,lights all working but I just have a totally black screen. Am unable to switch off so am totally at sea at what to do next..........help please. Thanks in anticipation.

·
Registered
2,113 Posts
Does the system show a splash screen or POST screen of any kind when you power it off and power it on?

I suspect your hard drive may have failed or the video is gone. Tried hooking a monitor to the vga output?

·
Registered
2,113 Posts
Too quick to call it quits.

Pull the battery out of the laptop so there is absolutely no source of power. Leave it that way for a few minutes. See if that helps. If not then try hooking up a CRT monitor to it. If that doesn't work then off to the repair shop it goes.

·
Banned
61 Posts
I've heard of this happening before - the bad news - apparently there's no solution but to wipe the drive and start with a fresh installation of windows. I may be wrong, but in future I'd disable hibernation & stick to standby.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks for the help guys........I left the battery out for 24 hrs and when I put it back in I could get access to start at a good configuration..........didn't work yesterday when I tried but I won't look a gift-horse in the mouth.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.