Tech Support Guy banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, I have this big problem, I had been removing malware on my computer to improve it's performance. ( I had asked for help in this site before for that but didn't getany help) So after some things it strted to improve, but during one of the reeboots, when propting me to input the user password, the password wouldn't work anymore (yes I cheked for capital letters and the caps lock).So I reebooted once again, this time after putting the password thingsstarted to load, but even before my desktop screen apeared I got an error window with no message and an ok button. After pressing it thingsstarted shutting down and I was back to the password screen. And the password woudn't work anymore. After breebooting and trying again, the same thing happened, by the 3th time, I got a message with text, dont remember exactly but something about being unable to load the debbuger. Then the desktop screen appeared but nothing else, no taskbar, start button, etc. So after pressing ctrl+alt+delete, I got to the task manager, from there you can access the run command, so I tried to run the system restore, but I couldn't because it said there were not enough resourses to perform desired action. After reebooting once more, it was over.Now nothing will load I just get the VAIO screen then the screen where I can press f8, after that it restarts again from the vaio screen, over and over. If I press f8 I get to choose between normal, safe mode and other options, but anyone I chose it restarts to the vaio screen. If I select Microsoft Windows Recovery Console a message saying NTLDR missing, press Ctl+alt+supr to restart and thats all that happens, it resarts again. My laptop is a 4 year old sony vaio VGN FS630F with celeron M 1.3Ghz 1gb ram and running windows xp, i had recently installed service pack 3, possibly just before it started failing (along with other actions thatmight have triggered this.) I really hope you guys can help me this time. Thanx in advance.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Could high tempertures be the cause of this? The laptop haas been getting qite hot this last year, but I was in a cool place, now I'm an a much hotter city, maybe this brough it to the edge.

Thanx for your input, but I was expecting help from a more experienced member here.

·
Registered
1,764 Posts
Do you have the recovery disks for that laptop? Do you have your data backed up?
The best thing you could probably do now, assuming the hardware is ok, is cut your losses & get a fresh start with a clean install.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Data backedup at least most of it. But no recovery CD it didn't come with one. Is there anyway to create one in another PC (different)?

Edit: Ok just found out VAIO instead of CDs cretes a partition in the hard drive for recovery. This is started by pressing F10 at startup Im trying this right now and will le you know what happens after this.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Apparently it worked just fine was able to get back to windows now. So thankfully I has almost everything backed up. So apparently I got my PC's speed back, and jut need to download or install some software. Thanx again for input, and hopefully this thread will help somebody else. I'll mark it as solved.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.