Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
325 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Windows XP home

I have Java Script with Update 14 installed on my computer, but in trying to forward a web page this morning, this notice appeared:

Your browser does not support JS--Please reconfigure?

I have never had this problem before!

Assistance please!!

manofmarin

·
Registered
1,094 Posts
Let me guess, you're using firefox. If so, and it has updated automatically, your JS may have been disabled due to a serious security hole.

Whether you are using IE or Firefox, go here and install java. I just installed it right over the top (replacing the old one) without any issues. http://www.java.com/en/

Once you have the latest, it should work without any problems.

If you are sure you already have the latest update, then something else is causing your issue.

EDIT: Please disregard. I'm being stupid. Java has NOTHING to do with Javascript. They aren't even developed by the same company., however, Javascript might be disabled in your browser settings. IE is infamous for disabling it with each update.

·
Registered
51,987 Posts
Windows XP home

I have Java Script with Update 14 installed on my computer, but in trying to forward a web page this morning, this notice appeared:

Your browser does not support JS--Please reconfigure?

I have never had this problem before!

Assistance please!!

manofmarin
So far as I know, there have been no updates to javascript in a very long time. Where did you get the "update"?

·
Registered
1,094 Posts
Indeed you are correct. I confused Java with Javascript and it appears that the OP did as well. The "update 14" was for JAVA which has nothing to do with Javascript. I also confused the security issue. It was with flash player. Jeez, I'm brain dead today. Please forgive me. Well in that case, Javascript is probably just disabled in the browser settings?

·
Registered
51,987 Posts
We all have our days, don't we? In any case, someone marked this "solved" so it may be that your advice led in the right direction. :D

·
Registered
1,094 Posts
I guess we'll never know. I hate that.

·
Registered
51,987 Posts
Yes, it really is no assurance to anyone searching through these forums for a problem like theirs. They won't know if the answer is here somewhere or not.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.