1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
When installing Java V.6 Update 15 the installation stopped and

reported Error 25099 unzipping core files failed. When I looked up the

error on the Java site it suggested a workaround involving deleting the

jqs.exe process. However that process is not running on my system.
I tried to install older updates but they all failed with the error

message "internal error 2753 regutils.dll" until I got to update 7,

which installed successfully. When I looked up the error message on the

Java site, it couldn't find it.
I recently installed Firefox 3.52. Could this be causing it? I have XPSP2 installed.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks, I deleted the Java folder and it worked. However, on deleting the Java folder I had a problem with jusched.exe which the system said was still running. Someone on another board said that was the problem, so maybe they were right. Javara didn't work for me.

·
Registered
15 Posts
I had exactly the same problem with this Java update - neither the offline nor online download would completely install, saying "unzipping core files failed" or "uncompression failed." I had already uninstalled u14 in Add or Remove, and neither of the fixes in the Help page for "error 25099" worked - the jqs.exe process wasn't found. Downloaded and tried to install u14 but same problems. Decided to search for that jqs.exe file on my PC - it turned up and led me to a wadge of Java folders still in my program files. So much for Add/Remove! Deleted the lot manually, ran the offline install again, and it sailed through without a hitch. One thing I did learn, though, is that it is not necessary to uninstall earlier JRE versions before installing a new one.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Microsoft Windows XP Professional 5.1.2600 SP2.0
Firefox 3.5.2 - IE 6.0.2900.2180

I too am getting the same error 25099 unzipping core files failed. Again all Sun website solutions failed.
I went to uninstall my Java through Add & Remove programs and there was NO Java listed there at all!
I checked through C\programs and found a Java folder. I explored the Java folder and found the following sub-folders:-
jre1.5.0_11 (empty)
jre1.6.0_04 version 6.0.40.12
jre1.6.0_05 version 6.0.50.13
jre6 version 6.0.140.8

Why do these not appear in Add & remove programs?
Have I got Java running properly on my PC or even at all?

Please...... how do I get the latest Java running on my PC.

Regards JDM

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.