Tech Support Guy banner
  • Please post in our Community Feedback thread for help with the new forum software! If you are having trouble logging in, please Contact Us for assistance.
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
When surfing using IE6 when I click on a link I'll hear a click noise through my speakers. I've read post where people wanted to turn this off but I like this feature and for some reason it has stopped working. Where do I look to turn it on again? I've searched "internet options", I've tried Tweak UI, I've gone to control panel's "sounds, speach and audio devices and I can't seem to find a way to turn this feature back on. My sound for everything else seems to be working fine. I'm running XP pro.

·
Gone but Never Forgotten
17,735 Posts
Hi, The feature you mention is available as an Internet Explorer update via Windows Updates @ microsoft site. It's called the Internet Explorer Navigation Sound Update, logically enough. Just visit the Windows Update site, it should point it out as one of the available updates....if it already was installed, this may be one of some of the IE updates that you can uninstall, and redownload, or just redownload... Here is the info to read about it:::http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=KB;en-us;319303&

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.