Tech Support Guy banner
  • Please post in our Community Feedback thread for help with the new forum software! If you are having trouble logging in, please Contact Us for assistance.
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone, i'm stuck with an question where i do not find an answer on, maybe someone can help me! :confused:

I have an Acer Aspire 3503LMi with two memoryslots in use, one standaard 256MB and one buyed 512MB (accoording to the local shops here the highest possible in my laptop, due the 256MB is standaard from Acer and not allowed to remove).
I wanted more internal memory and noticed the PCMCIA port (type II) and was wondering if i could buy an card to boost my internal memory.

I read all kind of reviews of cards and noticed storage possibilities till 6GB for my laptop called SRAM, but is this RAM like my internal memory or like a disk or memory-stick?

Who could give me some clear advise or sugestions to boost my memory. :)

(Note- acoording to some scanners, i have an Acer TravelMate 2300 Series Laptop/Notebook, while the text on my 'lappy' says Aspire 3503LMi) :rolleyes:

Thx in advance
Willy-France :)

·
Registered
448 Posts
SRAM is used for caching on some processors

The internal memory configuration you have now is pretty much the best you can do. If it is not enough, you could consider increasing the size of the paging file on your hard drive (virtual memory) in Windows. Plenty of quick tutorials of google can tell you how to do this.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thx for the reply RedHelix,
It saves me money to buy such an PC card, my virtual memory is already increased till 1.4 GB. (automatic by XP when message arrive, low memory)

One testsite told me that i could increase both slots till 1GB p/slot, but i don't dare to do so!

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
According to online scanners i could place 2*1GB cards in my laptop. :rolleyes: (would be nice)
The technicien in the shop told me that i can not exchange the slot 1 card (256 MB) cause this is the original from Acer with some information on it what makes my laptop work, without it would not work according to him, and he told me that the maximun per slot is 512 MB.
When i visit http://www.replacedirect.com/nl/laptop/acer/aspire/3500-series/3503lmi.html there i find
the 006.1003: 1 GB 333 MHz SODIMM PC2700 card could i use that? :confused:

So is it realy nessasery to leave the first (original) what the technicien said or can i replace them both.
If i calculate two cards it would cost me 170€ ($250) by this shop. (probebly cheaper if i search longer somewhere else) ;)

To be more specific about my Lappy
Aspire 3503LMi
Intel Celeron M procesor 370 (1,5GHz, 400MHz FSB, 1MB L2 cache)
Windows XP, sp2 home edition version 2002
15,0" XGA TFT LCD
40GB HDD, and 500GB external HD
256MB DDR
at this moment 704 MB effectieve memory, 1,4 GB with virtual memory

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
According to online scanners i could place 2*1GB cards in my laptop. :rolleyes: (would be nice)
The technicien in the shop told me that i can not exchange the slot 1 card (256 MB) cause this is the original from Acer with some information on it what makes my laptop work, without it would not work according to him, and he told me that the maximun per slot is 512 MB.
When i visit http://www.replacedirect.com/nl/laptop/acer/aspire/3500-series/3503lmi.html there i find
the 006.1003: 1 GB 333 MHz SODIMM PC2700 card could i use that? :confused:

So is it realy nessasery to leave the first (original) what the technicien said or can i replace them both.
If i calculate two cards it would cost me 170€ ($250) by this shop. (probebly cheaper if i search longer somewhere else) ;)

To be more specific about my Lappy
Aspire 3503LMi
Intel Celeron M procesor 370 (1,5GHz, 400MHz FSB, 1MB L2 cache)
Windows XP, sp2 home edition version 2002
15,0" XGA TFT LCD
40GB HDD, and 500GB external HD
256MB DDR
at this moment 704 MB effectieve memory, 1,4 GB with virtual memory
*Found already many 1 GB 333 MHz SODIMM PC2700 cards on Ebay for almost half the price! But can i use it? Do not want to spend to much if it isn't possible

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.