Tech Support Guy banner
  • Please post in our Community Feedback thread for help with the new forum software! If you are having trouble logging in, please Contact Us for assistance.
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2.8 HT Asus P4p800-e deluxe, 1.5gb ddr ram 3x512, with a geoforce fx5700u video card and a BENQ Monitor lcd...

It was working fine for the last few years and all of the sudden it boots up and nothing comes up on the display...

It seems to boot up fine, but nothing comes up on the monitor.. I know the monitor and video card are good... green light on the mother board...no beeps at all and speaker is hooked up...all fans work and such inside...

I tried lots of things after searching the forums...

different monitor
different video card
different power supply
messing with the cmos jumper and battery
checked all connections
removed all RAM and tried with just each 512 RAM

:4-dontkno

I hate to see this machine go down.... any suggestions or help would be appreciated... thanks..

·
Registered
9,467 Posts
Disconnect everything except the video card and power from the board. Turn on the computer. If the screen doesn't light up (after all you said you did beside this), you have a bad board or bad processor or both.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Disconnect everything except the video card and power from the board. Turn on the computer. If the screen doesn't light up (after all you said you did beside this), you have a bad board or bad processor or both.
ill give it a try and post what if anything happens...

any way to tell which is bad if its the board or the processor?? or both?? bc if its the processor i could just replace it right...

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.