Tech Support Guy banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
292 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is it possible to write a program to keep refreshing my Microsoft explorer browser window? If so what language would I need to use and how hard would it be?
Thanks

·
Registered
292 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Elvandil said:
This free ad- and popup-blocking toolbar has an autorefresh setting for IE that you can set to whatever interval you want:

http://toolbar.gogodata.com/
Thanks that program works. It beats trying to code a new prog. It also found some spyware that "webroot spy sweeper" and "microsoft antispyware" did not find. Although, they may have put it in their program so that people keep it. But who knows. Thanks.

·
Registered
51,987 Posts
No problem. It's fun to write programs, but if there is already one there, why not put your energies into something that hasn't been done already?

There is certainly a need for third-party utilities to accomplish easily what can be done only with difficulty using only Windows tools. "Third-party" isn't a dirty word, though some people act like it is. After all, the whole purpose of an operating system is to serve as a platform on which to run "third-party" applications. And why not use "third-party" tools whenever they are available? You wouldn't try to fix your car with only the tools that came with it, unless you are really handy with a tire-iron :D.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Very well said. Can I use this analogy when I talk to my customers/users? :)

Elvandil said:
...the whole purpose of an operating system is to serve as a platform on which to run "third-party" applications. And why not use "third-party" tools whenever they are available? You wouldn't try to fix your car with only the tools that came with it, unless you are really handy with a tire-iron :D.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.