Not open for further replies.
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey, first of all hi, new to this forum, but not them in general :p

My first question would be about my monitor, as the title sugests :p
Alot of times when i turn on my computer, my monitor jsut says no signal, a guess its my motherboard, but i think it may be my graphics card, as it started happenin when i put it in.
The weird thign is, the only way to make it work is to actually unplug my base unit and plug it back in, works everytime.

So you gyus think it is my motherboard? I am getting a new one anyway, cos i wanna get a bigger processor, but i don't want it to be my graphics card as ill have to get a new one.

Thanks guys!

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
No, i don't unplug anything on the monitor, i unplug the base units PSU.
Even if the monitor is stilll switched on, when i plug back in the base unit and turn it on, it shows up fine, weird lol.

·
Registered
338 Posts
So just to confirm, when you turn on the computer the monitor shows no signal. If you turn off the computer and unplug the computers PSU from the mains and then reconnect, turn the computer back on the "no signal" message is gone and all boots up normally?

And this started happening after you fitted the new graphics card? The 6600GT showing in your computer specs?

What are the details on the computers power supply. I would suspect this before motherboard if the train of events above is correct. If you can access another PSU and swap it in to see if the problem goes away, or swap out the video card for one without the molex power plug for supplementing power. What was the old graphics card?

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
yeah thats what happens
i got a new psu, 450w and it does the same
im getting a new motherboard anyway, with new processor, im hoping that will fix it

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.