Tech Support Guy banner
  • Please post in our Community Feedback thread for help with the new forum software! If you are having trouble logging in, please Contact Us for assistance.
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The instruction at "0x74985e5d" referenced memory at "0x00000020". The memory could not be "read".

Click on OK to terminate the program
---------------------------
OK
---------------------------

This message comes up randomly. Any suggestions?

Thanks,
AK

·
Banned
11,097 Posts
Understood.......

Try this

Disable Third party browser plugins such as Yahoo or Google toolbars

Disabling the third party plugins by going to Tools | Internet Options | Programs tab then Manage Add-ons

Also have you run scans for Spyware?

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I run spywareblaster & adaware. They seem to take care of most issues. I have a huge list of 3rd party plugins. Is Yahoo & google the only ones to worry about?

·
Registered
34 Posts
Hi ... I'm new to this forum, but I get the same exact error message. I have only gotten the message after installing Creative Zen Microphoto software. I also have a Dell DJ and used Musicmatch with it with no problem until I installed the Zen software. After that, I've gotten all kinds of error messages whenever I would try to bring up musicmatch for the Dell DJ. I followed the instructions for uninstalling the musicmatch from another post, but I still get the message mentioned above. I looked at the third party plug ins as suggested, but I have no idea what should be disabled or not to make the error message go away. I do not have a Google or Yahoo toobar plug in on the list. Does anyone know what I can do? Can the Dell DJ and Creative Zen both use musicmatch? Does one software override the other and cause problems? I am so frustrated over this .. I have spent hours in front of this computer trying to figure things out, but it's hopeless! I can't download any music onto my son's Dell DJ now.

·
Banned
11,097 Posts
Howdy AnonMom

It is usually better to start you own thread however

You could try and use System Restore to a date or time before you installed Zen software as this seems to be your problem......

Akuller.....When in the Add-Ons page make-sure you have the Show the Currently loaded in Internet Explorer selected first

·
Registered
34 Posts
I guess I should've started my own thread, but I had the same error as the one referenced in the original thread. I have done a system restore three times but that didn't seem to help :confused:

·
Registered
34 Posts
The message comes up when I click on musicmatch. I have gotten messages like mim.exe The instruction at 074985e5d referenced memory at 0x00000020. The memory could not be read. Click on Ok to terminate the program. As well as Runtime Error! .. however, I haven't gotten the runtime error message since I reinstalled the musicmatch with the Dell DJ software cd. I haven't uninstalled the Zen software .. should I?

·
Registered
34 Posts
I'll go ahead and uninstall the Zen. Can I go ahead and reinstall it? Can the Zen and Dell DJ work off the same computer? I never had any problems until I loaded the Zen :confused: I really appreciate the help ... and I'm really sorry if I've hijacked the original question on this post .. I really thought that they were related. Akuller ... are you having this error message after installing mp3 software?

Thanks again.

·
Banned
11,097 Posts
Yes uninstall Zen Software and restart the PC and see if the error goes away......

Can the Zen and Dell DJ work off the same computer?
Not familiar with those programs myself...but I'm more likely to think is would be a issue with MusicMatch and Zen.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Well .. I have uninstalled the Zen .. restarted my computer. Logged on, plugged in the Dell DJ and I get the same message as the original post. Then I went ahead and did a system restore to a date before Christmas (before I added the Zen) and I'm STILL getting the mim.exe "The instruction at 0x74985e5d referenced memory at 0x00000020 The memory could not be read Click on OK to terminate the program" error message.

Wahhh... I'm getting a headache *sniff* I cannot do this anymore .. it's the same error messages over and over. I don't know what to do. I can't connect either mp3 player to the PC now. I think I just need to walk away for awhile. Should I post this somewhere else? I found this thread by doing a google search....

1 - 20 of 24 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.