Tech Support Guy banner
  • Please post in our Community Feedback thread for help with the new forum software! If you are having trouble logging in, please Contact Us for assistance.
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
168 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a Dell Inspiron 1525 laptop with windows vista. I dropped it and damaged the hard drive. We bought a new hard drive off ebay with windows Vista on it. When I turn it on I get blue screen saying:

Check for viruses on your computer. Remove any newly installed hard drives or hard drive controllers. Check your hard drive to make sure it is properly configured and terminated. Run CHDSK /F to check for hard drive corruption, and then restart your computer.
Technical information:
STOP: 0x0000007B (0x80399BB0, 0xC0000034, 0x00000000, 0x00000000)

I have never done this before type of thing before and am totally clueless about what to do next. I have the dell reinstallation DVD for Vista that came with my computer and access to another computer. What do I do?

·
Registered
51,987 Posts
Can you explain a bit more? Where and when? Can you skip the step?

·
Registered
51,987 Posts
OK. Though it's not generally recommended to skip any files, Setup may ask for some drivers even though they can be installed later.

But if it is asking, then you must be installing over the top of the old one instead of installing a new clean edition.

·
Registered
51,987 Posts
The VIA AGP driver is the one I see most often that needs to be skipped. The VIA 4-in-1 board drivers just need to be installed when setup has finished.

Don't worry. If skipping is even an option, then setup doesn't think that the file is crucial for installation. But too many skips usually means a bad CD or hard drive.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.