Tech Support Guy banner
  • Please post in our Community Feedback thread for help with the new forum software! If you are having trouble logging in, please Contact Us for assistance.
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So here's a weirdo one for everyone.

I have a small list of users within an Active Directory OU that get prompted for logon credentials when they attemp to access any website other than out intranet. Other users in and out of that OU are able to connect without problem, but when these folks are connected on terminal servers, they get promted by a dialog box for logging onto a level_15_access device.

Usually that's a prompt for a Cisco router, but these users aren't attempting to access a router. There are only 4 users out of 50 in this OU that are having this issue, and they are all accessing the same site.

Any ideas there?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Well not that I actually got any help from anyone, but for other that have the issue, here's what my problem was.

We had an old proxy server that had an address of X.X.X.36. It was removed years ago, but the server still used that address. The server was recently given a new address and a Cisco Switch was given that 36 address for iSCI connections. The group policy for users in the OU still had a proxy setting for that 36 address. So when they tried to access the internet, it was being pointed towards the "proxy" at 36...being the cisco switch.

Solution:remove the proxy setting in the group policy since it's not used anymore.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.