Tech Support Guy banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

· Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is just a small probelm but it is driving me mad trying to work it out.

I can listen to audio CDs in the cdrom drive if I use headphones in the jack socket on the front of the drive - but I can't hear any sound through the speakers.

The speakers are working because I can hear all other stuff like the windows start up music, error noises etc. I've looked at the cable running from the drive to the mboard and it seems to be installed ok. I've tried turning up all the volume settings on windows cd player and my speakers, and the front of the drive, but no luck!

My PC has onboard sound - AC97 digital audio.

Any help much appreciated! I know it's not a life-threatening problem but it's pretty annoying!

· Retired Administrator
104,767 Posts
And if you try the arrow drop down.....are there other selections?

And in the show volume controls below....place a check mark in everything.......take another look on the icon on the task bar to be sure nothing is muted....except your microphone, that's ok to be muted.

· Registered
406 Posts
While making sure the audio cable is connected, make sure it is properly seated. If the cd rom has been removed or unplugged lately, make sure it is plugged in correctly.

· Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
i went to the volume panel and got all the different volumes up like you suggested - and the aux volume was turned right down - hey presto, I now have sound!

Thanks very much for your help!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.