Tech Support Guy banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
275 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, I have a website template that I am trying to edit the HTML of. I can open the code in notepad but it won't let me edit it. The cursor will not flash, I can highlight code but not delete anything. Any Ideas ?

·
Registered
443 Posts
Open a new notepad or textpad (much better editor than notepad) file.
Highlight all the file you are trying to edit (note: control a will highlight everything) and copy it.
Paste it into the newly create file.
You should be able to edit that to your hearts content.
Good Luck. :D

Textpad is free to try. Google textpad download and go from there.

·
Registered
275 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for your reply, Ok that works as far as I can edit that doc but unfortunately doesn't do what i need. Hope I can explain this.
I am doing a course on Internet marketing and with it comes some website templates. There are videos telling you how to edit the templates for your own use. What it tells me is to download the file of the templates, unzip it, open the index file in an explorer window then go to view>source all of which I can do but the notepad window that opens in that explorer window is multi-coloured ( red, blue, black and green ) and isn't letting me edit it. So if I open it in another notepad window it doesn't actually edit the template I've been given. Running Vista by the way. Hope that makes sense and I haven't rambled too much.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.