Tech Support Guy banner
  • Please post in our Community Feedback thread for help with the new forum software! If you are having trouble logging in, please Contact Us for assistance.
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
611 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Alright, I just ran MSCONFIG on my HP laptop, and got rid of all the unnecessary applications coming at startup including some unnecessary HP components.... if you have an HP then you'll know exactly what I am talking about.

There is usually a green bar across the bottom of the screen that tells you your volume when you increase or decrease your volume. This just disappeared. So i re-enabled everything to start at start up and it started working again. I could go through each component service and find out which one it is, but that is a waste of time. If anyone knows what service it is exactly that the volume display on HP Notebooks require please let me know.

Thanks.

·
Registered
611 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
No.. it's an actual service that starts when your computers starts up. It can only be enabled through the msconfig utility.

I'll figure it out tomorrow.

Thanks.

·
Registered
4,469 Posts
s4baz said:
No.. it's an actual service that starts when your computers starts up. It can only be enabled through the msconfig utility.

I'll figure it out tomorrow.

Thanks.
Google them

·
Registered
243 Posts
you can also check services.mcs . type that in instead of msconfig. that can tell you about most of your services (part of a process or a whole process that is running). you can also turn on or off there if you want.

or you can check http://www.processlibrary.com/ type in the process you are questioning, and it will tell you what it does... good, bad, keep, or not needed.

·
Registered
1,182 Posts

·
Registered
611 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Well I found another software called on display which does the same thing, but personally i still liked the old one which came with my hp laptop... if anyone has an hp and know's what I am talking about it, I would really appreciate the advice.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.