Tech Support Guy banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
302 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have The Sims 2 pc on my laptop. It runs very well and i have had no problems with it as yet. However the test left as a sticky from Photolady predicts that my laptop would not be able to run this game. Why is this?:)

·
Registered
8,256 Posts
Programs [ games, business applications, AntiVirus, photo editing, etc ] often have requirements that are not met by one's computer. My laptop won't run Vista with AERO because my video chip is weak.
Other limitations may be, but not limited to, CPU [ # of cores, speed ], amount of ram, GPU speed, video card memory, hard disk drive speed & amount of free space, optical disk type.

You might want to contact your laptop manufacturer, to find out if the video chip / card can be upgraded.

Here's a tangentially related article, discussing laptop video cards.
http://www.tomshardware.com/2006/09/07/can_sli_in_a_notebook_beat_desktop_graphics/

Sincerely,
RF123

·
Registered
221 Posts
It's only a guestimate Marcan. There is no real way of saying whether it would run or not for some borderline machines without trying it at times. You were lucky it seems. It's either that or the test doesn't recognize all of your components.

After all, the world isn't perfect

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.