Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

· Registered
1,912 Posts

· Registered
1,330 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
many thanks.. I don't know how to use the Divx thing.. how to use it? Just install it?

I've got another question... how can I convert 3GP to a file that is compatible with Winamp?

And another question... do you know any 3GP player?

Many Thanks!!

· Registered
1,912 Posts

· Registered
1,912 Posts
Try VLC as linked above. I am not sure about the 3GP format, so I would be incline to use one of the programs on the first page i linked above regarding converting it to a different format.

If you just want a player to do it without any conversions, try google-ing for some other 3gp players. From my search, there doesn't seem to be many players which support this format, most likely because it is designed to be played in a mobile rather than on a PC. In which case try converting it.

Late,

· Registered
1,330 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Oh... the Divx Total pack? I tried to download that, but it's too big, I can't wait for a long time... I realized that its called "pack"... so does that means that I can download "only" the codec that plays .avi?

· Registered
1,912 Posts
Its only about 2.97MB... There isnt just ONE codec for playing avi files. Because avi isnt a format in inself. It is a container format that may include a .rm,.mpeg,.mpg,.mp4 video file and have a .mp3,.ac3,.ogg audio format. So it requires a few different codecs, hence when you look at the download page it says it conatins a number of codecs.

When you install it, it is very easy to set up and u dont need to touch it again.

Late,

· Registered
1,330 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·

· Registered
1,912 Posts
Install it anyway. I haven't had any problems with it, and this is a standard pack, so it shouldn't cause any problems. I belive MS gives this warning on the basis that it legally can't provide codecs for all media, so it trys to scare people from installing third party codecs such as this.

Just install it anyway.

Late,

1 - 20 of 25 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.