Tech Support Guy banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Solved: How to install XP over windows7 ?

2K views 9 replies 3 participants last post by  momtaz 
#1 ·
Hello guys

I was trying to install XP in laptop "Acer aspire 2920Z" which is currently running with windows7. every time I press F2 to log in to setup it takes me to a page titled "Phoenix TrustedCore (tm) Setup Utility" and under this title a bule band has 5 categories" information, Main, Security, Boot and Exit, I went to Boot and selected: Boot priority order: and there are 7 titles or options.. I tried all of them for many many times.. even I knew I must selced: CD/DVD: HL-DT-ST DVDRAM GSA-T20N-( did this many many times... but the XP CD never loaded..!!

any options or alternatives to rid of this win7 pls?
I am really in need if a quick reply with lot of thanks indeed,
Regrds

Discussion starter · #3 ·
hi theOutCaste: I was trying and modified to enable F12 as booting key, and saw press any key to boot from CD as you mentioned, after this when reach to delete C and after creat new partation C then install the XP on it, now I am seeing: "Unknown Disk" (There is not disk in this drive,) it's very confusing to see there is no any disk? and all my doc. are in drive D.
how to do to solve this unexpected issue?? so confusing...!!
mant thanks for the kind efforts again,

Regrds

Discussion starter · #5 ·
lot of problems... some websites are blocked or not displayed by, some of my softaware cannot be installed....finally VERY BORING OS.. I liked XP the most and best OS I work with convenience..

so pls I need answer to solved how to rid of OS and throw it out of my machine

Discussion starter · #8 ·
TheOutcaste, thanks for providing this solution.. seemingly similar to my problem, but there is no floppy disk driver in my laptop,
and where I can find SATA driver?

Discussion starter · #10 ·
TheOutcate, it was solved, and I would like to express my deep thanks and high appreciation for the kind efforts indeed,

have a great day and many thanks for Tech guys.. always helpful and I should be very very Thankful too...

Merry Xmass, Happney New Year 2011.. and peace to all nations :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.