Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All,

I have an Aspire 5570z and it starts up with Acers "Empowering Technology" in the top right of the screen.

It is so empowering that half the utilities do not work so I would like it to not be there wasting start up time.

I used MSConfig and deleted it from the Start up but the damn thing came back next boot.

Anyone have suggestions for eradicating this sticky p..p?

Thanks

Wal

·
Retired Trusted Advisor
5,620 Posts
Hi,
If you really want rid of that have a look at Revo Uninstaller (freeware), often suggested here;
This from their website, link below:

The Uninstaller tool lists the installed programs and components for all and current user. With a choice of views, as well as a context menu, information on program components is available: program properties, their registry entries and links to manufacturer's web site, for a start. The "Search" option finds installed applications just by typing the first few letters of their name. Revo Uninstaller scans before and after an uninstallation to find all files, folders and registry keys left behind by the program's uninstaller.

Inserted from <http://www.revouninstaller.com/revo_unisntaller_features_benefits.html>

Richard

·
Registered
2,507 Posts
Have to say, that widget is damn annoying! I tens to let it start up, then just right click and exit it. Its my computer at work, as opposed to mine, so I havent uninstalle dit, just in case IT get stroppy. :)

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks guys,

I have been using Revo for quite some time and it is a great uninstaller but it just hangs with the Acer uninstall part of it.

I finally got rid of it by using a combination of the services.msc as Megabite suggested and also disabling the two Acer entries in MSConfig.exe

Finally a clean screen.

Thanks to all.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.