Tech Support Guy banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
57,788 Posts
The opt-out add-on needs you to keep the cookies that has the info I bet.

Element Hiding only hides ads and they now have them also at the bottom also. That was the one I hide.
The one on the side is done by Adblock Plus.

Now you need to go to Adblock Plus, Prefences and then go to filters, "add filters subscriptions".
You can pick from the pop-up or go here. http://adblockplus.org/en/subscriptions

I have "EasyList"

·
Retired Trusted Advisor
34,806 Posts
I have installed it but still I have Google adds.

What browser do you use ?
I'm using IE8 and I have absolutely no ads on Google's homepage or while running searches. Only thing I have done many months ago was to disable Google ad cookies, the option from my link. I don't know why you would need Adblock or anything else to block those ads.

Installing the free version of SpywareBlaster on your computer will block most ads from Google (DoubleClick.net or .com...) on all websites. It does an excellent job!

If the above is not enough, you won't get better than Ad Muncher. It's highly customizable.

·
Registered
57,788 Posts
Good to hear.
Also you can go to the Preferences and update the subscription's you have.
Also click the bar at the top and you can change how you view it and in the menu what you view and you can view the date and hits and your see what your blocking the most.

·
Registered
57,788 Posts
I don´t understand too much what is the option ´Update all subscriptions´for ?

I don´t understand your second mention too. Could you explain me what you mean ?
The "Update all subscriptions" will update any subscriptions you have.

The bar is where it says | filter rules | ... | Hits | Last hits |
You can go up to the menu and click view and put a checkmark by the ones you want to see or just right click that bar and pick from there.
You can also grab any of the 4 things your viewing and move them left or right.
Also see the arrow on the Hits. You can click that again to point down so the 0 hits are at the top or you can click so the arrow is showing one of the other 3 views. I use the view by hits and last hit so I can see where I am doing all the blocking at.

Good to know when you blocked something last if it is in the rules you made that will be under "My Ad Blocking Rules" because the site can change things so the filter you made to block something is not doing anything any more and by looking at Last hits you be able to see the last time it blocked anything.
Ad sites change things a lot to keep the ads showing longer before other learn to block them so your want to "Update all subscriptions" so you have the new filters.

EDIT:
Good my post showed up. Power went out the same time I clicked to save so was not sure if I losted my post. :)

Attachments

1 - 20 of 25 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.