Tech Support Guy banner
  • Please post in our Community Feedback thread for help with the new forum software! If you are having trouble logging in, please Contact Us for assistance.
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
297 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just installed a backup secondhand sata hdd, I can see it in my computer and disk management it says healthy but how do know for sure, I have 7 days to send it back if its not work, I assume
its been formated/ I don't know because its the first time i've installed a backup hdd, how do to get the files from my C drive to the backup drive, I have acronis true image 10 would it be easy to use that program,

·
Retired Moderator
106,726 Posts

·
Registered
297 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Johnwill thanks for that, Its a samsung hdd so I'll use their drive diognostic utility,
I did a windows error check that was ok, one thing I have noticed since installing this backup drive is its seems slower to bootup and the icons on my system tray take 16 seconds to appear, before installing the new drive just a few seconds, is this normal?

I downloaded the drive diognostic utility, the ISO cd-rom version I have MagisISO and powerISO to be honest I don't know much about using the programs, do I burn the file as bootable disk

·
Retired Moderator
106,726 Posts
You burn it as an ISO image, most burning applications will do that. I happen to use UltraISO, but I imagine that either of the ones you mention will do it as well.

·
Registered
2,487 Posts
A couple of quick points. Firstly, the drive works. If ti plugs into your computer, shows in you r computer, and says healthy, then it is a working drive. I know its simplistic, but thats really the definition:)
Dont know where you got the drive from, but I would guess it was through the post. The 7 days basically means that if it turns up, you plug it in, and it doesnt work, you need to tell them within 7 days, which isnt a prob as it works. As far as continuing to work, you have a statutory 28 days IF you buy from a business (Individuals are slightly different), and if in that time it goes feet up, you can get a refund or replacemet by law. Within the first 6 months, it is covered by the sale of goods act, during which time you can return it and receive a refund or replacement at the retailers option. So dont worry about thre 7 days :)

·
Registered
297 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
You burn it as an ISO image, most burning applications will do that. I happen to use UltraISO, but I imagine that either of the ones you mention will do it as well.
Thanks for your help , I was able to burn it ok, but when I put the cd into the cd-rom drive all I got was the the winrar file Hutil, when I double clicked on the file I get three files
Hutil exe application
Hutil210.CFG file CFG
run.bat MS-DOS batch file
can you please me tell how I can get this drive diognostic utility to work, I thought once I got the image file burned on to a cd and put it into the cd-rom drive it would run the utility

·
Registered
51,987 Posts

·
Registered
51,987 Posts
If your system has the hard drive set before the CD in BIOS, you'll need to move CD up on the boot list.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.