Tech Support Guy banner
  • Please post in our Community Feedback thread for help with the new forum software! If you are having trouble logging in, please Contact Us for assistance.
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
12,661 Posts
I would check the drive in Disk Management and be sure there is nothing on the drive. A 90Gb drive is going to forat to less than 90Gb. this is due to the difference in the way the marketers advertize capacity and the way Windows formats the disk. the manufacturer marketing use a base 10 (Decimal) math. Windows uses a bianary system where the base is 1024 instead of 1000

·
Registered
284 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
where is this disk management again? It's 90gig but I only get 74gig.. No partition. Was there an os left over after a format still? I'm so lost..

·
Registered
12,661 Posts
It is in Administrative Tools-Computer Management-Disk Manager

·
Banned
1,098 Posts
The amount used can also be affected by whether it was an upgrade or clean installation, too. An upgrade will often save the old version in case you want to revert.

·
Registered
284 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Yes.. But How do we determine a clean install? I swore I did a clean install.. Does it have anything with the partition? It never ask me difference. Is this result of my boot disc?

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.