Tech Support Guy banner
  • Please post in our Community Feedback thread for help with the new forum software! If you are having trouble logging in, please Contact Us for assistance.
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have picked up from somewhere a program called 'PC Performance' which has placed an icon named 'Shredder' on my desktop. I do not want it. It will not delete, will not go into a folder. It goes in, but it duplicates the icon and stays where it is). Right clicking brings up only two options, Open, or create shortcut. It seems I am stuck with it for ever, unless some one can advise me on what to do! If this is an elementary problem I apologise, but I am a beginner at this. I run windows XP on a 2 ghz Compaq about 5 years old, 512mb ram.

·
Registered
124 Posts
Have you tried selecting it and pressing delete?
You could download a program called 'unlocker' which can delete most things. Is 'shredder' installed - Try uninstalling if that is the case

·
Registered
1,220 Posts
Hayesfan,

Welcome to TSG!

Have you tried uninstalling PC Performance (could it have been PC Confidential?) from Add/Remove Programs in the Control Panel?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks Ratboy, going to the Add/Remove programs in Control Panel got rid of it (and some other stuff I that was bugging me) and yes, it was PC Confidential. Thanks. I said it was probably a simple problem, but your solution never occurred to me. Also thanks to Bondi III for the advice.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.