Tech Support Guy banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
611 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Alright quick question... is there any way to see the contents of a file/image that needs to be burned, before you actually burn it t cd?

·
Registered
467 Posts
s4baz said:
Alright quick question... is there any way to see the contents of a file/image that needs to be burned, before you actually burn it t cd?
maybe some more explaination would help. example such as the last 3, .exe .dll .jpg .bmp
or maybe the program you use to burn it.

·
Registered
611 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
alright.. well i just downloaded a image from microsoft which is used to use the system restore feature while starting your computer because it boots from an image/floppy/cd/etc.... however, when I click on the downloaded item it opens up Sonic CD/DVD Burning Utility.... I want to put this on a floppy... so exactly what do i do... i have never tried this before.

·
Registered
1,477 Posts
Sounds like an iso. Not sure how you'd go around doing that. However, see if you can find out what kind of file you're talking about. Right click it and get the extension which ends with something like this .iso, .txt, .doc, and such.

·
Registered
1,477 Posts
Hmmm...that'd present a problem. You want to see it first without the software opening it, correct? I'm not sure how you'd do that, but I think...you'd need to burn it to CD with the burning software, then check out the contents of the .iso after it's been burned from the CD.

·
Registered
1,477 Posts
Basically, yeah since I have an .iso but I really can't burn it yet, as I'd need a DVD burner for that.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.