Tech Support Guy banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Someone Please Help Me. I broke my computer!!!!! :confused: I did a google search on the runner error -Invalid Backweb Application ID "137903"-. A website told me to run a search for programs with "backweb" in them and unistall/delete them. I deleted one program (application?) from the C:/ drive and now my computer is frozen. The mouse moves; however, I am unable to open anything including the recycle bin so that I can put the program back on the computer. I have tried to restart and it still happens. I really could use some help. P.S. I am not that computer savvy!!!!

·
Registered
17,584 Posts
Rule 1:
NEVER "delete" a program file, only "uninstall" the program!

Try starting is Safe Mode.

Tap F8 twice per second from boot-up untill the safe mode screen is reached, choose "Safe mode with network support" or "Safe mode without network support" and see if you can get in that way.

If you have a fancy keyboard that has an F Lock key (MS Office keyboard as an example), you may need to press that at the beginning to enable the F8 key

If XP, try restoring the system to a prior date.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
KiwiGuy, Thank you So much. It worked. My computer is working again. :) The runner error "Invalid backweb application ID "137903" is back. But I would rather have that than not have a computer. If you have any ideas on how to fix this (without deleting I PROMISE), please let me know. :) You are the best!!!!!

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
:rolleyes: Hi Kiwiguy, sorry for the delay in getting back to you. I was away for the weekend. I do have an HP. I went to the website for the cure, but it tells me that I should back up all data files before doing the standard recovery. Do you know how I am supposed to do that? Or, do I even need to back up the data files??? I want to apologize ahead of time for bugging you again. But you are SO helpful!!!!!! :) :)

·
Registered
17,584 Posts
You should ALWAYS back up files that are important to you. Files and documents you have created, pictures etc.

Hard drives can (and do) die without warning.
As an indication, I lost 4 hard drives in 4 years, but backup data meant I lost no more than 1 days worth of work.

Its good practice to always backup to avoid disappointment. You should treat any data on the hard drive as being in temporary storage only in nature.

As to how to backup, you presumably have a CD Burner? Or a USB key drive?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.