Tech Support Guy banner
  • Please post in our Community Feedback thread for help with the new forum software! If you are having trouble logging in, please Contact Us for assistance.
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have multiple operating systems installed on my system -xp home and xp pro, and when i boot my computer, the time to select which operating system i want is only 2 seconds. it is barely enough for me to move my hands. The problem started after i did some partitioning. it used to have a 30 second count down before. I was wondering if there is any way i can increase the time like by going to BIOS or something. any help will be appreciated. thank you

·
Registered
1,023 Posts
Sure, this one is easy. Start>Run, type 'msconfig' without the quotes, then in the window that opens, click on the boot.ini tab. You will see some writing at the top...that is your boot.ini...in there you will see 'timeout'...that is the delay time. So, to change it, on the right a bit lower down, you will see a box with timeout next to it. Enter 30 in there and click apply. Click Ok, and you're done. Restart or not, up to you. Next time it should give you what you asked for.

Scorp.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.