Tech Support Guy banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 65 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, Am running Windows XP (Service Pack 3) Have 512 MB of RAM - 2.69GHz - Intel - I am self taught on the PC and my system is running very slow. I am not so good on the PC (Computer Illiterate/Beginner) Have loads of tat on my PC please can you help :confused:

·
Registered
1,480 Posts
Well better to have a gig at least now days but what does "loads of Tat" mean? Doing some scans etc to clean it up would be helpfull also,

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Sorry, loads of tat means loads of useless information that is clogging up my system. Programmes that are not needed. I didnt mean to rush you. I am slow so you will have to bear with me. Thanks

·
Registered
144 Posts
Hello and welcome.

First lets try this:

Click start/all programs/Accessories/System tools/disk cleanup and check all boxes.

Open IE and click tools/internet options/delete history,cookies and temp files.

Open "My Computer" and right click on your hard drive and choose properties,how much free space do you have left on your hard drive?

Uninstall programs you no longer use.

Delete old files,backup data to external hard drive,CD/DVDs etc to free up space.

Let me know how that goes?
JB.

·
Registered
7,091 Posts
Post a HijackThis log. It will show what's running on your PC and then we can tell what to get rid of.

Go to this site http://www.trendsecure.com/portal/en-US/threat_analytics/hijackthis.php?page=download.

Click on 'Download HijackThis Installer'.

*Save HJTInstall.exe to your desktop, or to the location where you normally download.
*Double-click on HJTInstall.exe.
*Click on Install.
*By default it will install to C:\Program Files\Trend Micro\HijackThis.
*Once installed, it will launch Hijackthis.
*Click on the 'Do a system scan and save a logfile button'. It will scan and the log will open in Notepad.
*In Notepad go to Format and make sure 'Word Wrap' is not checked.
*Click on 'Edit > Select All' then click on 'Edit > Copy' (or Ctrl-C) to copy the entire contents of the log.
*Come back to this thread and Paste (or Ctrl-V) the log in your next reply.

*DO NOT have HijackThis fix anything yet. Most of what it finds will be harmless or even required.

·
Registered
5,156 Posts
Hello and welcome.

First lets try this:

Click start/all programs/Accessories/System tools/disk cleanup and check all boxes.

Open IE and click tools/internet options/delete history,cookies and temp files.

Open "My Computer" and right click on your hard drive and choose properties,how much free space do you have left on your hard drive?

Uninstall programs you no longer use.

Delete old files,backup data to external hard drive,CD/DVDs etc to free up space.

Let me know how that goes?
JB.
I think this pretty well covers what you need to do.
Also, some of it can be done by downloading,/installing and running www.ccleaner.com
If you use this free program, before you run it, PLEASE UNCHECK the regedit. Registry cleaners can cause more problems than they help.
Vicks

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v2.0.2
Scan saved at 22:10:00, on 15/08/2009
Platform: Windows XP SP3 (WinNT 5.01.2600)
MSIE: Internet Explorer v8.00 (8.00.6001.18702)
Boot mode: Normal
Running processes:
C:\WINDOWS\System32\smss.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\csrss.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\winlogon.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\services.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\lsass.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\svchost.exe
C:\WINDOWS\System32\svchost.exe
C:\WINDOWS\Explorer.EXE
C:\WINDOWS\system32\spoolsv.exe
C:\Program Files\Common Files\Apple\Mobile Device Support\bin\AppleMobileDeviceService.exe
C:\Program Files\Bonjour\mDNSResponder.exe
C:\WINDOWS\System32\drivers\CDAC11BA.EXE
C:\Program Files\Java\jre6\bin\jqs.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\nvsvc32.exe
C:\Program Files\PC Tools AntiVirus\PCTAVSvc.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\wdfmgr.exe
C:\WINDOWS\zHotkey.exe
C:\WINDOWS\SOUNDMAN.EXE
C:\Program Files\TalkTalk\bin\sprtcmd.exe
C:\Program Files\QuickTime\QTTask.exe
C:\Program Files\Thomson\SpeedTouch USB\Dragdiag.exe
C:\Program Files\Adobe\Photoshop Album Starter Edition\3.2\Apps\apdproxy.exe
C:\Program Files\Java\jre6\bin\jusched.exe
C:\Program Files\Common Files\Real\Update_OB\realsched.exe
C:\Program Files\PC Tools AntiVirus\PCTAV.exe
C:\Program Files\iTunes\iTunesHelper.exe
C:\Program Files\Windows Live\Messenger\msnmsgr.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\ctfmon.exe
C:\Program Files\Sony Ericsson\Sony Ericsson PC Suite\SEPCSuite.exe
C:\Program Files\FinePixViewer\QuickDCF.exe
C:\WINDOWS\System32\alg.exe
C:\Program Files\iPod\bin\iPodService.exe
C:\Program Files\Internet Explorer\iexplore.exe

C:\Program Files\Windows Live\Toolbar\wltuser.exe
C:\Program Files\Internet Explorer\iexplore.exe
C:\Program Files\PC Connectivity Solution\ServiceLayer.exe
C:\Program Files\Trend Micro\HijackThis\HijackThis.exe
C:\WINDOWS\System32\wbem\wmiprvse.exe
http://uk.msn.com/
R0 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Start Page = http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=69157
R1 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Default_Page_URL = http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=69157
R1 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Default_Search_URL = http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=54896
R1 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Search Page = http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=54896
R0 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Start Page = http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=69157
R1 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\SearchURL,(Default) = http://g.msn.co.uk/0SEENGB/SAOS01?FORM=TOOLBR
R1 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Start Page_bak = http://www.msn.co.uk/
0090271D4F88} - (no file)
C:\Program Files\Microsoft Money\System\mnyside.dll
O2 - BHO: RealPlayer Download and Record Plugin for Internet Explorer - {3049C3E9-B461-4BC5-8870-4C09146192CA} - C:\Program Files\Real\RealPlayer\rpbrowserrecordplugin.dll
O2 - BHO: (no name) - {5C255C8A-E604-49b4-9D64-90988571CECB} - (no file)
O2 - BHO: Search Helper - {6EBF7485-159F-4bff-A14F-B9E3AAC4465B} - C:\Program Files\Microsoft\Search Enhancement Pack\Search Helper\SEPsearchhelperie.dll (file missing)
O2 - BHO: Windows Live Sign-in Helper - {9030D464-4C02-4ABF-8ECC-5164760863C6} - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\Windows Live\WindowsLiveLogin.dll
O2 - BHO: MSN Toolbar Helper - {d2ce3e00-f94a-4740-988e-03dc2f38c34f} - C:\Program Files\MSN\Toolbar\3.0.1203.0\msneshellx.dll
O2 - BHO: Windows Live Toolbar Helper - {E15A8DC0-8516-42A1-81EA-DC94EC1ACF10} - C:\Program Files\Windows Live\Toolbar\wltcore.dll
O2 - BHO: JQSIEStartDetectorImpl - {E7E6F031-17CE-4C07-BC86-EABFE594F69C} - C:\Program Files\Java\jre6\lib\deploy\jqs\ie\jqs_plugin.dll
O2 - BHO: EpsonToolBandKicker Class - {E99421FB-68DD-40F0-B4AC-B7027CAE2F1A} - C:\Program Files\EPSON\EPSON Web-To-Page\EPSON Web-To-Page.dll
O3 - Toolbar: EPSON Web-To-Page - {EE5D279F-081B-4404-994D-C6B60AAEBA6D} - C:\Program Files\EPSON\EPSON Web-To-Page\EPSON Web-To-Page.dll
O3 - Toolbar: MSN Toolbar - {1E61ED7C-7CB8-49d6-B9E9-AB4C880C8414} - C:\Program Files\MSN\Toolbar\3.0.1203.0\msneshellx.dll
O3 - Toolbar: &Windows Live Toolbar - {21FA44EF-376D-4D53-9B0F-8A89D3229068} - C:\Program Files\Windows Live\Toolbar\wltcore.dll

O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [nwiz] nwiz.exe /install
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [CHotkey] zHotkey.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [SoundMan] SOUNDMAN.EXE
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [NvMediaCenter] RUNDLL32.EXE C:\WINDOWS\system32\NvMcTray.dll,NvTaskbarInit
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [REGSHAVE] C:\Program Files\REGSHAVE\REGSHAVE.EXE /AUTORUN
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [BluetoothAuthenticationAgent] rundll32.exe bthprops.cpl,,BluetoothAuthenticationAgent
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [TalkTalk] "C:\Program Files\TalkTalk\bin\sprtcmd.exe" /P TalkTalk
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [QuickTime Task] "C:\Program Files\QuickTime\QTTask.exe" -atboottime
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [SpeedTouch USB Diagnostics] "C:\Program Files\Thomson\SpeedTouch USB\Dragdiag.exe" /icon
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [Adobe Photo Downloader] "C:\Program Files\Adobe\Photoshop Album Starter Edition\3.2\Apps\apdproxy.exe"
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [SunJavaUpdateSched] "C:\Program Files\Java\jre6\bin\jusched.exe"
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [TkBellExe] "C:\Program Files\Common Files\Real\Update_OB\realsched.exe" -osboot
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [PCTAVApp] "C:\Program Files\PC Tools AntiVirus\PCTAV.exe" /MONITORSCAN
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [iTunesHelper] "C:\Program Files\iTunes\iTunesHelper.exe"
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [Microsoft Works Update Detection] c:\Program Files\Microsoft Works\WkDetect.exe
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [MsnMsgr] "C:\Program Files\Windows Live\Messenger\msnmsgr.exe" /background
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [MoneyAgent] "C:\Program Files\Microsoft Money\System\mnyexpr.exe"
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [ctfmon.exe] C:\WINDOWS\system32\ctfmon.exe
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [Sony Ericsson PC Suite] "C:\Program Files\Sony Ericsson\Sony Ericsson PC Suite\SEPCSuite.exe" /systray /nologon
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [ErrorFix] C:\Program Files\ErrorFix\ErrorFix.exe -boot
O4 - HKCU\..\RunOnce: [FlashPlayerUpdate] C:\WINDOWS\system32\Macromed\Flash\FlashUtil10b.exe
O4 - HKUS\S-1-5-19\..\Run: [CTFMON.EXE] C:\WINDOWS\System32\CTFMON.EXE (User 'LOCAL SERVICE')
O4 - HKUS\S-1-5-20\..\Run: [CTFMON.EXE] C:\WINDOWS\System32\CTFMON.EXE (User 'NETWORK SERVICE')
O4 - HKUS\S-1-5-18\..\Run: [CTFMON.EXE] C:\WINDOWS\System32\CTFMON.EXE (User 'SYSTEM')
O4 - HKUS\.DEFAULT\..\Run: [CTFMON.EXE] C:\WINDOWS\System32\CTFMON.EXE (User 'Default user')
O4 - Global Startup: Adobe Reader Speed Launch.lnk = C:\Program Files\Adobe\Acrobat 7.0\Reader\reader_sl.exe
O4 - Global Startup: Exif Launcher.lnk = ?
O8 - Extra context menu item: &Search - http://edits.mywebsearch.com/toolbaredits/menusearch.jhtml?p=ZJ
O9 - Extra button: Blog This - {219C3416-8CB2-491a-A3C7-D9FCDDC9D600} - C:\Program Files\Windows Live\Writer\WriterBrowserExtension.dll
O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: &Blog This in Windows Live Writer - {219C3416-8CB2-491a-A3C7-D9FCDDC9D600} - C:\Program Files\Windows Live\Writer\WriterBrowserExtension.dll
O9 - Extra button: Real.com - {CD67F990-D8E9-11d2-98FE-00C0F0318AFE} - C:\WINDOWS\System32\Shdocvw.dll
O9 - Extra button: Money Viewer - {E023F504-0C5A-4750-A1E7-A9046DEA8A21} - C:\Program Files\Microsoft Money\System\mnyside.dll
O9 - Extra button: (no name) - {e2e2dd38-d088-4134-82b7-f2ba38496583} - C:\WINDOWS\Network Diagnostic\xpnetdiag.exe
O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: @xpsp3res.dll,-20001 - {e2e2dd38-d088-4134-82b7-f2ba38496583} - C:\WINDOWS\Network Diagnostic\xpnetdiag.exe

O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: Windows Messenger - {FB5F1910-F110-11d2-BB9E-00C04F795683} - C:\Program Files\Messenger\msmsgs.exe
O12 - Plugin for .spop: C:\Program Files\Internet Explorer\Plugins\NPDocBox.dll
O16 - DPF: {05CA9FB0-3E3E-4B36-BF41-0E3A5CAA8CD8} (Office Genuine Advantage Validation Tool) - http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?linkid=67633
O16 - DPF: {6E32070A-766D-4EE6-879C-DC1FA91D2FC3} (MUWebControl Class) - http://update.microsoft.com/microsoftupdate/v6/V5Controls/en/x86/client/muweb_site.cab?1126210528750
O16 - DPF: {88C51E90-8E9C-4C96-8A45-574D88B63FAF} - http://acceso.masminutos.com/laaplicacion.cab
O16 - DPF: {FA13A9FA-CA9B-11D2-9780-00104B242EA3} (WildTangent Control) - http://install.wildtangent.com/bgn/partners/wanadoo/blasterball2Remix/install.cab
O17 - HKLM\System\CCS\Services\Tcpip\..\{27AE8B80-3BBB-48AC-B025-2D19B25766D}: NameServer = 62.24.139.140 62.24.139.139
O23 - Service: Apple Mobile Device - Apple Inc. - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Apple\Mobile Device Support\bin\AppleMobileDeviceService.exe
O23 - Service: Bonjour Service - Apple Inc. - C:\Program Files\Bonjour\mDNSResponder.exe
O23 - Service: C-DillaCdaC11BA - Macrovision - C:\WINDOWS\System32\drivers\CDAC11BA.EXE
O23 - Service: Google Update Service (gupdate1c9939ce37bea60) (gupdate1c9939ce37bea60) - Google Inc. - C:\Program Files\Google\Update\GoogleUpdate.exe
O23 - Service: iPod Service - Apple Inc. - C:\Program Files\iPod\bin\iPodService.exe
O23 - Service: Java Quick Starter (JavaQuickStarterService) - Sun Microsystems, Inc. - C:\Program Files\Java\jre6\bin\jqs.exe
O23 - Service: NVIDIA Display Driver Service (NVSvc) - NVIDIA Corporation - C:\WINDOWS\system32\nvsvc32.exe
O23 - Service: PC Tools AntiVirus Engine (PCTAVSvc) - PC Tools Research Pty Ltd - C:\Program Files\PC Tools AntiVirus\PCTAVSvc.exe
O23 - Service: SeaPort - Unknown owner - C:\Program Files\Microsoft\Search Enhancement Pack\SeaPort\SeaPort.exe (file missing)
O23 - Service: ServiceLayer - Nokia. - C:\Program Files\PC Connectivity Solution\ServiceLayer.exe
--
End of file - 10456 bytes

·
Registered
7,091 Posts
You have some malware on your system that should be cleaned up.

Click on Report at the bottom of the thread and request that a Moderator move this thread to the Malware Removal forum.

·
Retired Moderator
72,109 Posts
Run HijackThis and click on "Config" and then on the "Misc Tools" button.
If you're viewing HijackThis from the Main Menu then click on "Open the Misc Tools Section".
Click on the "Open Uninstall Manager" button.
Click the "Save List" button.
Copy and paste that list here.

·
Trusted Advisor
85,515 Posts
Cybertech:

If you have no objection, I'm going to assist her with trimming down that startup load and hopefully speeding things up a bit.

-------------------------------------------------------------

Megsnanny:

Uninstall ErrorFix, restart afterwards, then go into the C:\Program Files folder and delete the ErrorFix folder - if it's still there.

Stay away from registry cleaners, optimizers, boosters, etc..

--------------------------------------------------------------

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Hi to all who are trying to help me, Thankyou. I am Oh so confused. I have never used a forum befor and dont know who to answer first. Maybe if say Flavallee, could you help me in the first instance we could maybe ease the situation. And to all the others who have posted help BIG thank you, but I am that useless on the PC and I cant handle all the other offers of help. Over to you flavallee

·
Registered
5,156 Posts
megsnanny
Just thought I would mention that either Flavalee and/or Cybertech Will be of great help to you. I think they can work well together...
Cybertech has the gold shield for malware removeal (been trained for it) Flavalee has the green shield (in training) but either one, (from my observation on the site) is very qualified to help you.
GOOD LUCK
vicks

1 - 20 of 65 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.